Jackson County Library Foundation is seeking a resourceful and skilled Executive Director. The ideal candidate would manage the foundation and work with the JCLF Board to raise funds to help the District implement the improvements called for in its recently adopted strategic plan.
Formed in 1982, JCLF helped in the building of 15 libraries throughout the county. In 2014 the voters approved the formation of a Special Library District with its own levy and a governing board independent of the county. The Foundation‘s mission is to help fund enhancements beyond ordinary operating expenses for all 15 libraries in the district. The ideal candidate would manage the foundation and work with the JCLF Board to raise funds to help the District implement the improvements called for in its recently adopted strategic plan.
- Bachelors’ Degree in management, business, library science, marketing or equivalent experience
- History of success in fund raising, donor development and grant-writing.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks, FileMaker, and other software as needed.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with partner agencies and funding sources.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a Board of directors, recruitment and implementing goals.
- Exhibits skills to communicate effectively with both the public and the media.
- Demonstrates skill for writing reports, grants, and public newsletters.
- Experience managing a budget and producing all financial records and reports.
- Exhibits leadership, problem solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Facility to use social media effectively for the promotion of JCLF goals.
- Lead fundraising efforts through donor solicitations, grant writing, and special events and projects.
- Work with Jackson County Library District Board and library staff to develop plans to achieve goals for JCLF fundraising.
- Reach out to community through website development and maintenance, newsletter publication, social media and other public relations tools.
- Manage the one-person office efficiently and take the initiative to solve problems in a timely manner. Provide Treasurer timely financial reports and support Treasurer in oversight of tax returns.
- Provide support to the Foundation board by issuing agendas and minutes for monthly meetings.
- Assist board nominating committee in recruitment of board members.
- Provide leadership to successfully execute JCLF goals.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with Friends of the Library groups, Library district staff, and the foundation board.
Job Title: Executive Director
Job Location: Medford, Oregon
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Hours Per Week: 40
Compensation: up to $60,000 per year with benefits, negotiable depending on qualifications.
To apply send resume and cover letter to: JCFL Board 205 Central Avenue Medford, OR 97501
Applications will be reviewed beginning January 1, 2017.